Saturday, February 28, 2009

Can't get this rhythm out of my head

It seems like my trend of sleeping has officially ended. I haven't gone to bed before midnight this whole week, and the latest I've slept in is 8:00. The difference between now and before is that now I can tell how crappy I feel after no sleep.

I spent the day working, by choice. One of the best things about freelancing is that I get to be practical (gasp) with my schedule. The other day "it" just wasn't there. I tried to work for a few hours and just wasn't getting anywhere, so I stopped for the day and took care of other things. Today, while the rest of the world embraced a Saturday, I sat at my desk for over eight hours and got a lot done. I didn't even miss the Saturday, because things just balance out. I remember my days in various offices, staring at a screen, completely dazed and oblivious after six hours of struggling and getting nowhere. As long as the work gets done on time now (I have never missed a deadline), I don't mind taking time off if I'm off track on any given day. I also don't mind staying in comfy clothes all day, but that has less to do with productivity.

It was interesting to be back around my ex-co-workers tonight. I went downtown and hung out with them to celebrate a friend's birthday. I met some new people, caught up with everyone. Working with them, in such a unique and high stress environment, was such a big part of my life for over a year. It's interesting to be in such a different pace and still be able to find my rhythm with them so easily. It was also kind of weird to go in with a new sense of freedom, responsibility, and confidence. Weird meaning good, in this case. I have had three acquaintances randomly come up and tell me that I look really happy, and it's nice to be able to say that I really am.

I will probably not be so happy when I am pulling myself out of bed in less than five hours. Busy day - we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics