Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hold it right there

A much needed series of enjoyable events have made up for the series of crappy days that started the week.

Last night I got to help out with a photo shoot. Let me re-phrase. I got to help out on a really awesome photo shoot with a great model and two extremely talented photographers, and it pretty much rocked my night. Old factory, cool lighting, great music (Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, to name a few) and everyone in the zone. This is the kind of thing that makes me love my job. I had a great time being a semi-stylist...is there a degree for that?

Rainy days kept me inside more than usual this week. I've officially watched all three seasons of Veronica Mars and am left wondering what to do with my life. To get out of the house/broaden my horizons I've been thrifting. Thrift stores are interesting at about 2:00. A few of the people in my latest stop were a little off. Not bad, but just to the point where I avoided eye contact. One woman was having conversations with herself, questions and answers and all. She liked the pans, but no, she didn't need another pan. Another woman was holding up the line because she had three things and only wanted one of them. They would say, "Do you want this?" and she would say no. Then she would say she did, so they'd ring it up and she would say she didn't want it. We went through about five rounds of this. I was afraid the woman in line in front of me was going to spontaneously combust if we made it to round six.

This weekend marks the first home Crew game of the season. It's supposed to rain, but still supposed to be somewhat warm. I've sat through some horrible weather, and will gladly do it again. The fans, the players, the noise...I am so, so excited!

Have a great weekend!

*UPDATE* Going to be teaching yoga to a group of 3 & 4 year-old kids next week. I want to laugh at the anticipated cuteness.

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics