Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm just glad I wore that sweater

After two weeks of enjoying and then not enjoying my free time, I feel like life has picked up and started moving forward again.

Saturday was the first home game for the Crew and it was a nice start to what will hopefully be another good season. It felt so good to be in the seats, feel the energy, hear the cheers, and see some good soccer. I've never been a sports fan, but seeing the games live is a completely different experience. I can't wait for the summer games!

I woke up on Sunday feeling both sick and tired, despite having gone to bed early the night before. I came home from church and fell right back to sleep. I felt fine during yoga class (kicked my butt, and shoulders, and...)but was in bed and asleep by 10:30 last night. I think there is a small army of various viruses going around, so I will gladly give my body all the rest it needs. And I might double up on those vitamins...

Met up with a friend for a delicious breakfast this morning. Fate or coincidence (only time will tell) decided to amuse us. Shortly after having a conversation about a certain current crush, he unexpected walks in and sits down at the table next to us. I'm not good in situations like this. I enjoy the awkwardness too much and just laugh. Luckily, my friend is cool and calming and kept the situation somewhat in check. While my mom gets to hear all of the updates, the online community doesn't need to, so that's the last this will be mentioned on here. Just know: it was so, so weird.

In other fate related news, I got another possible design client today. This one came from a random conversation with someone I randomly talked to after going to church even though I didn't feel good. I didn't talk to anyone else yesterday, just this one girl, and then I got the email today. I'm always amazed when stuff works out like this.

I decided to bank on the good day and nice weather and finally spray painted some things I got the other day. Have to say, they look pretty good. I saw a very similar mirror at Anthropologie today - the difference is that mine was $5 at a thrift store. The paint went right through the paper and I ended up with glossy black hands. After some nail polish remover, things were close to normal. It reminded me of my art class days, waitressing and trying to hide the oil paint that wouldn't come off my hands. I also got some cork squares and will hopefully have a nice inspiration wall soon...

Time to end this rambling mess of an entry. Have a great day!

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics