Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hold On, Hold On

My "day of rest" comes on a Tuesday this week and still involves five hours of work. Thankfully, it also involves tea, my first trip to my new library (yep, owning being a nerd), and some therapeutic house cleaning.

Last week was one of 15 hour design sprees and frantic jogs across town (construction on main highways really screws with convenience). I had four deadlines in one day, and then had to teach my weekly yoga class. There's been an amazing feeling of motivation and creativity through it all and I'm so, so thankful. It's nice to have freedom and excitement - two things that previous (in-house) jobs have been lacking. I'm also fortunate to be working with some really amazing people, and that makes all the difference in the world.

I've joined an amazing group of people at Cement Marketing and I couldn't be more excited! I've also been working with the ladies at Hot Head Salon, and they've been really great. I'm doing a photo shoot with the salon tomorrow and meeting a potential new client on Thursday. Things are really starting to pick up and I'm loving it.

The past two weekends have been big event weekends here in Columbus. We had Pride Weekend and then Comfest Weekend. If you enjoy people watching, patchouli, some good local music, topless women (Comfest = the boobs that no one wants to see) and a slew of possibly illegal activities, Columbus was the place to be. My friend and took in the sights and smells (some regrettably) and caught some great new bands in the process. On the second night, we had the misfortune of walking right into the scene of a stabbing. The guy was still laying there. He died that night, and the death has been ruled accidental. I have now seen two stabbings in my life, which is pretty weird. Despite the tragedy, Comfest was a huge success this year, drew in a huge crowd, and showed once again just how much Columbus has to offer.

This week is my "recovery week". I turned in the keys to my old apartment yesterday, and that felt really good. I'm hanging curtains and pictures this week, making this little home all mine. Cleaning helped me sort out my life, and I'm making some changes that will hopefully allow me to focus more and move in new directions. Hopefully, exciting things are ahead!

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics