Thursday, October 22, 2009

What you need


I've spent half of this week not knowing what day it is. That's a good place to start.

I have officially survived Head Cold '09. After days of denial ("It's just allergies") ("It's just really bad allergies"), I finally caved and admitted that I did, in fact, have a cold. Days of sleep, tissues, Zicam, teas of every variety, and groggy me followed. After a couple of nights of extended, deep, ohmygoodnessamazing sleep, I am back up and running, no longer forced to breathe out of my mouth.

Speaking of mouth breathers (zing?), I'm heading back to my hometown for yet another wedding tomorrow. This one is for my younger brother's best friend growing up. The failures of both my brother and I to successfully find our own true loves will undoubtedly be brought to our attention several times. All I know now is that tomorrow involves hay bales and scarecrows. At a wedding. I'm charging my camera.

Today is the calm after one storm and before another. I finished up a rush project yesterday and am preparing to possibly start a couple of big projects soon. This is good news, as The Career has been frustrating lately. And we foolishly thought we would figure out what to do with our lives when we graduated college.

Regardless of what is going on, the leaves and weather outside will not be ignored. It's beautiful here. Walking with my friend through leaves yesterday, hearing the crunch, I couldn't help but just smile. Neither of us even cared that we ended up with shoes filled with dirt. Sometimes, you need that, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh yes...as each old friend falls from the ranks of singledom, the questions become more and more pointed! Stay strong...viva la independence!!!

 
Real Time Web Analytics