Thursday, January 21, 2010

Time's up

Today has not been fabulous. I will spare you the details, but it simply was not pleasant. Also, it lasted ten years.

I come home, in the pouring rain, my not-waterproof boots now thoroughly soaked, and smile simply thinking about the heating blanket waiting for me.

I walk into my humble little home and I am greeting by the sound of my neighbor yelling. This happens most nights. Last night, it was power tools at midnight. Tonight, the fighting is so loud that I can hear every word. He and his basically live-in girlfriend fight almost every night and I get to overhear every brutal insult, door slamming, and thrown item.

Yesterday, I found out that I am free from my lease. I am free from the breezes that blow through the old windows, free from the yelling neighbors, and free from the leaking walls. In the near future, coming home at the end of a crappy day will actually be a good thing. Let the neighbors yell, let the wall soak up the rain. I'm outta here.

2 comments:

Olive said...

we are moving most things feb 6, after that our boxes are yours! could i get them back when you're done though? (for a gardening project)

Mj. said...

I'm so glad you get to move out! We used to have neighbors just like yours and I swear it is more stressful to overhear the sceaming and smashing than to participate in it. So glad you're leaving. Going somewhere peaceful, I hope!

 
Real Time Web Analytics