Monday, June 21, 2010

Things You Can't Unsee















As we all too often say in our office, there are just some things you can't unsee. This weekend verified this statement more than I had wished it would.

Our office party was Thursday and really set off the weekend. The whole invite and theme was based on drinking, so I knew this going to end with half of the room being a hot mess. I didn't expect quite as many people to show up, and easily over half of the room was completely trashed. My fellow sober buddies and I discovered two all-too-convenient Nerf guns and entertained ourselves for a good two hours. At least one person slept in their lawn that night, and we had to stop one person from calling the intern (a client's daughter, at that) to inform her that she was a slut. Seriously, people.

This weekend kicked off yet another Comfest. It's a free festival in a park downtown that draws hippies and potheads from around the world. Or, it's a "Community Festival". We went one night after dinner. To be fair, I was already tired and had put in a long day that followed a long week. A few minutes in I felt something wet hit me in the dark and I was ready to leave. The smell of pot was overwhelming, everyone was drunk and slurring, and I had already seen three sets of painted boobs. I know that this is a great way to catch local bands, but I have a really hard time getting into it. In the eyes of most people here, not liking this event makes an evil terrorist, not worthy of living in this town. To each his own, I guess?

The rest of my weekend was spent with friends, one of which will be leaving town in a matter of days. I've known this person longer than anyone else I met here, and we've been through some pretty good and bad times together. I'm excited and sad at the same time. This weekend did offer some really great opportunities for us to catch up, talk, hang out a few good times. Tonight, I will be picking up several items I am buying from him. No more mattress on the floor or eating at the computer for this girl!

A slow day at work. Cloudy outside, freezing inside. I'm practically hugging this godsend cup of tea in front of me and wondering why we are listening to French elevator music. Hello, Monday.

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics