Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm just going to ignore the signs

I came home on Friday to a sign proclaiming "Laundry Room Closed" in red, Times New Roman. My laundry room is a feat of modern living (the dryers are taller than I am and shrink everything), so I was neither surprised or disappointed. That said, I needed to do laundry and couldn't wait the five days this sign was telling me to wait. Despite the threat of snow, I drove up to my parents' house, which is conveniently close and nice at times like this.

By the time my laundry was finished, it had rained/iced/snowed and gotten dark, so I just decided to stay the night. We watched a movie, which is a nice tradition with my family. I really like sleeping on the couch, so I crashed in the basement and even slept in this morning. I woke up once and came to the conclusion that I was at least slightly allergic to dogs. The warm, breathing little body sleeping next to my stomach made that completely irrelevant. I came home this morning in the same clothes that I left in yesterday, carrying laundry and a crumpled brown bag that some new tea came in. I'm sure it seemed at least slightly questionable...

This afternoon, I went to a really good yoga class (and am sitting with my heating pad on my back/shoulders as I type). At one point, my friend and I were perfectly in sync during a series of really fast poses and I have to say, it was kind of cool. After that, I came home and cut my friend's hair. I shouldn't cut hair. I think the results are at least decent, and the natural curls will hide any parts that aren't. I hope.

Tomorrow I have design work to keep me busy during the day and then, I am teaching yoga class number two. I have more people this time, so it should be really fun! I am thinking that Tuesday is going to be my return to Ikea/the set-up of my home office. Things are starting to slow down with my freelance work and that it making me nervous because I can't imagine sitting at home and not being busy. It could be an interesting couple of weeks ahead!

While the rest of the world watches the Oscars, I am going to finish The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. Or fall asleep. Either one will make a nice ending to a pleasant Sunday. Have a good night/Monday morning!

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics