Sunday, May 3, 2009

Doesn't make sense, but it works

If you were to put all of the people in my life into one line, I don't think the line would make much sense. I am friends with people who could not be more opposite of each other or even me. The one common factor: they are all really, really great people.

It has been a pretty crazy and weird week. I have a lot to deal with, and two really big (life altering) decisions to make. Throw in killer allergies and you have me, simply hoping to balance it all. It would be an understatement to say that my friends have really stepped up and been there for me. They have really taught me what the definition of a friend is, what friendship means, and how to make it work.

I've re-written this three times now, trying to find the best way to describe what my friends have done and meant this week. It sounds too Hallmark-y and runs on too long for anyone to really read. In short, my friends have shown me that friendship is about putting each other first, supporting one another, and showing each other grace. They have protected me, taken care of me while I was sick, cheered me on, talked me through some tough decisions, shared important parts of their lives with me, shared concerts, dinners, cats, and back yards, and told me I was okay when I needed to hear it.

And really, if you think about it, things are okay. Thanks, guys.

1 comment:

Dan Smitley said...

we love ya. and if you move out of state that will just give us a great reason to go on family vacations whenever possible.

 
Real Time Web Analytics