Friday, January 29, 2010

Recovery



I would be lying if I said that this week was fun, or that I remember most of it. It's been a week of deadlines at work and friends going through tough situations outside of work. Several friends are ending this week pretty stressed and battered. Also: no sleep.

Every morning I wake up and think, "Tonight, I will go to bed before midnight". Then it's 1 am and I'm totally still awake.

On the bright side, I met a new friend this week. It was one of those cases where two people hear so much about each other that by the time they meet, it's almost like they're already friends. We've started making group plans weeks in advance, and our next get-together involves waffles and Alice in Wonderland. As a bonus "cool factor", when the group is together, we will have one person named Starr and one name Emerald.

I've decided to hold off on Coachella. After staring at the lineup for a while, I realized that there were no bands on there that I was dying to see. Yeah, it's a great lineup, and I know that music is only part of the experience, but I would prefer to wait for a year when I've had some time to prepare a little more. Until then, I'll have to live vicariously through my friends Blair (whose countdown to Coachella is a must-read) and Cary who will totally represent. This will give me more money and time for shows and trips that I'd like to take very soon (hello Chicago, New York, and Liverpool!).

Now, with a weekend, a fun new project, new music, and apartment hunt to tackle, I'm going to step away and begin recovering from this week.

*Picture credit: Sally Mann

2 comments:

Olive said...

we've decided not to go too :( mostly because it was a choice between going or staying here and going wild at ikea for the new apartment. sooo... ikea here we come

Doom For Darlings said...

Oooh, two thumbs up to that! I will also need an Ikea run soon...

 
Real Time Web Analytics